Thursday 28 March 2013

Composition is the key, and photography is the means

Having looked back at the images I took, and shared with friends on Facebook, I wanted to know why some of them were more compelling, more evocative than others. Just as importantly, in the lee of the great artists I'd come to admire, I ask myself "how can I do better? How can I better the odds of sharing the essence of beauty experienced first-hand?"

It strikes me that phenomenon of composition is what the paintings and my photographs have in common, and if I were to study it, composition would not only improve my ability to capture and interpret beauty, but provide a more penetrating insight to Art. The large body of material readily available in print and on the internet; and my existing photos for the analysis, make this the logical route.

Loo Yeo

No comments:

Post a Comment